Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Overcast Wednesday

So today I slept in, until 6:30 am. Wow! You know your getting older when 6:30 am is sleeping in. Oh well, you get started on things for the day earlier. So we've, coach and I have been watching what we eat. Trying to eat healthy. More veggies and fruits. Less on the plate. It's showing on scale to! And more important with the clothes! Very exciting.
Today I went walking . Got to get more active now. It's getting warmer and San Diego is only five hours away. One of our favriote places to spend time together. That and Palm Springs. We always seem to chill out when we're there. I can't wait till we make our next trip there. New car I hear road trip! New shape new bathing suit. Ugh! I hate that trip to the dressing room. But maybe it'll be bit more fun this year.
I've been looking at the Hungry Girl Cookbook and Weight Watchers. I love the iced coffee from Hungry Girl. Almost better than Starbucks. Though I'll always stop by from time to time to get something skinny from them. The girls at my local Starbucks are all so sweet. It's always nice to have someone remember you. It reminds me of back home (Michigan) were you knew everyone around you. The butcher shop that my mom went to. I remember wanting to go with my mom so I could get one of those lollypop on the string. And when I took my kids there, they always asked how my mom was doing and my kids got to pick out the lollypop on the string to. Funny the things you remember about your childhood. Though I love living in Arizona. You don't get the same hometown feeling. Maybe thats why I love San Diego so much. Even there people remember us when we go back. And we walk a lot.

So I went through emails today and bloglovin. It's fun to see what everyone is doing or making. Gives me more ideas. I was looking at The Lettered Cottage. They have a magazine thats really cute. Love all the colors that were used in the rooms. There was a Q&A with Robert Novagratz. One of his quotes was "Life is short and failing is overrated. Try again!" I love that. Cause it's ture. If you don't keep trying, you'll never know what you could have done. Right? I just have to keep reminding myself. I can't wait till their show comes back to HGTV. They are just so darn good! It makes me want another house to redo. Coach is always asking me what I want to do? Thats what I want to do. I'd really like to find things for peoples homes. Make them beautiful and comfortable. I remember in school I used a neighbor as my client. She loved what I did on my board and said she'd use me to decorate her house when I graduated. As a teen that makes you feel great. I've yet to decorate anothers home. One day. One day.

So while I was looking at The Lettered Cottage, there were homes from Tybee Island. Which made me thing of the places I'd like Coach and I to go. So I think I'll do my bucket list of those places.
                                                            
1. Italy                                               10. Denver
3. Back to NYC                                 11. Back to Santa Fe
4. Paris                                               12. Ireland
5. Tybee Island                                  13. Spain  
6. London                                           14. Australia
7. Marthas Vineyards                         15. Wyoming
8. Germany                                         16. Back to Canada
9. New Orleans
 When I was groing up my dad loved to travel. So almost every summer we took long family vacations. Most were to places he and my mom had been to. Like NYC, were I got to see the Twin Towers just as they were being completed. And were my parents went to the Worlds Fair. Do they even do those anymore?
I'm sure there will be more added to the list. But thats a start. So if any of you have been to any or all of these places. Give me the list of best places to go and eat. We love trying different things.
So have a good rest of the evening. I'll try to stop by tommorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment